Your indispensable guide to taking charge of the second half of your life.
From Dr. Rosanne M. Leipzig, a top doctor with more than 35 years of experience caring for older people, Honest Aging is an indispensable guide to the second half of life, describing what to expect physically, psychologically, functionally, and emotionally as you age.
Leipzig, an expert in evidence-based geriatrics, highlights how 80-year-olds differ from 60-year-olds and why knowing this is important for your health. With candor, humor, and empathy, this book will provide you with the knowledge and practical advice to optimize aging. The book
- helps you recognize age-related changes in your body and mind and understand what's typical with aging and what's not;
- offers guidance for common health concerns, including problems with memory, energy, mood, sleep, incontinence, mobility and falls, hearing and vision, aches and pains, gastrointestinal problems, weight, and sex;
- shares advice on how to make decisions about health care, driving, and where to live;
- includes helpful checklists and lists of medications to prepare for doctor and hospital visits;
- recommends the best technology options, such as mobility devices, emergency device systems, and more;
- counters common myths about aging; and
- offers resources for additional information, self-help, and support.
Enriched by illustrations, patient stories, and deep dives into science and the latest research, Honest Aging gives you the tools to take control of your health and well-being as you age.
The store known for serving pure brain food has returned to our old digs for a few months to sell down inventory and bid fare thee well to our decades of in-store customers.
Days and hours subject to change.
Note: This site lists what's available for special order from Ingram Content Group.
Visit our pages at Alibris or Biblio to survey in-store stock priced above $19.95.
Discount applies only to in-store purchases.
Once hosted by UPB, Cafe Ohlone now serves guests outside the Hearst Museum of Anthropology on the Cal campus.
Savor the foods which characterized east bay cuisine for thousands of years, before European contact. Brought to you by Mak'amham.
For information and to place reservations, see their web page at makamham.com/cafeohlone
From 1974, University Press Books has stoked the blaze of well over ten thousand minds on fire, carrying new scholarship published by the great university presses in the English-speaking world.
Order from us. Shop us. Let well-wrought words churn and burn within.