Nevertheless, UPB provides ship-to-home service.
Unless and until we move our on-line fulfillment team to different premises, everything you purchase from us ships from warehouses outside of Berkeley.
Much of what we used to carry on store shelves is available, except for very expensive books, used books, and titles fallen between printings.
Certain limitations apply:
- Sometimes we may have to split an order because books are stocked at different warehouses.
- Thus, we may remove items from a multi-book order and ask you to resubmit them on a separate order.
- Many high demand titles ship fairly quickly. Most other titles travel from back east, adding 2 to 5 days to delivery
- Although we love you in Canada, Latin America, and else where, U.S. orders only.
- Certain publishers give us low merchant discounts on certain titles, sometimes no discount at all. To be honest, we've had to raise prices on these, ranging from 5% to 30% above list.
You can also purchase eBooks and audio books through us. Distributed by Hummingbird, they include publications from the major trade publishers. Just access the menu link or the sidebar image above.
We greatly appreciate your support of the store with your book orders. Need a book without our current shopping limitations? We recommend Bookshop. View our recommendations on Bookshop, then search for whatever book you'd like.
Should you have questions, email us via our contact form. Since none of are keeping regular hours, it may take a day to get back with you.
The Cafe Ohlone has closed for the duration of the epidemic. They will probably reopen at a different location when they do.Visit makamham.com/cafeohlone for word on their curated dinner boxes.