Nevertheless, UPB provides ship-to-home service.
Until our on-line fulfillment team returns, everything you purchase from us comes from a warehouse.
Much of what we used to carry on store shelves is available, except for very expensive books, used books, and titles fallen between printings. ,/p>
A number of limitations apply during this period of reduced operations:
- Only orders that subtotal under $75.00 will ship.
- Thus, we may remove items from a multi-book order and ask you to resubmit them on a separate order.
- Sometimes we may have to split an order because books are stocked at different warehouses. Sorry, it's impossible to tell in advance when this may happen.
- Credit card orders only
- Billing addresses must match shipping addresses.
- Many high demand titles ship fairly quickly. Most other titles travel from back east, adding 2 to 3 days to delivery
- Althoug we love you in Canada, Latin America, and else where, U.S. orders only.
- Certain publishers set low margins on certain titles. Sorry, we've had to raise prices on these, some we don't offer at all.
- Mid-summer, these policies may loosen up, if we resume shipping stock ourselves.
You can also purchase eBooks and audio books through us. Distributed by Hummingbird, they include publications from the major trade publishers. Just access the menu link or the sidebar image above.
We greatly appreciate your support of the store with your book orders. Need a book without our current shopping restrictions? We recommend Bookshop. View our affiliate page, then search for whatever book you'd like.
No reading groups nor author events will meet until it seems reasonably safe to do so, even after the store front opens.
We’re riding eventualities as they unfold and cannot predict when the store front will open and gatherings resume. The Cafe Ohlone has also closed. Check their website for word of their plans as circumstances enable them to form them.
Should you have questions, email us via our contact form. Since none of will be keeping regular hours, it may take a day or two to get back with you.